ISOMARK compounds can replicate deep fine marks and even marks with re-entrant geometries to exceptional levels of accuracy…
ISOMARK allows the recovery of a wide range of marks and features for forensic evidence. The compounds have been formulated specifically for forensic applications, including comparator microscopy. ISOMARK compounds are especially efficient at separating marks from awkward backgrounds and exhibit high contrast characteristics during microscopic examination.
ISOMARK compounds are ideal for:
- recovering tool mark detail
- Casting vehicle chassis numbers
- Recovering deep fine marks
- Use at scenes of crime and in laboratories
- easy to use system for scene of crime or laboratory
- no mess, time saving application method
- quality, reliable result every time
- high resolution (0.1 micron)
- fast curing compounds for all temperatures
- high tear strength material
- mark replicas can be taken from horizontal, vertical, and overhead surfaces
- mark replicas exhibit high contrast characteristics
- dimensional stability for long term storage
Recommended compounds for this application
Isomark BLACK and GREY compounds are accurate to 0.1 microns. This exceptional level of accuracy allows normally un-recorded details to be examined under laboratory conditions with ease and confidence.
Contrast and reflective properties
ISOMARK compounds exhibit high contrast characteristics which allow details to be viewed more easily when magnified or photographed. This can clearly be seen on the examples below which show the comparison between ISOMARK replicas (GREY) and a typical dental compound.
Vehicle chassis numbers
Application is easy using the ‘gun’. Covering the mark with the compound creates a cast or replica of the mark, which can then be sent to the forensic laboratory for examination.